How to control cookies
Altering your cookie settings is a relatively simple task however the process does differ between browsers.
Here's how to access your cookie settings in the most popular browsers.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (3 vertical dots icon), and then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under Privacy and security, click Content settings.
- Click Cookies and then See all cookies and site data and then Remove
- Confirm by clicking Clear all.
- switch off Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended),
so now it says Blocked
- switch on Block third-party cookies.
- Go to the Safari Menu, click 'About', to determine which version of Safari you are
- From the Safari Menu, click on 'Preferences'.
- Once in the Safari preference window, click 'Privacy'.
- Set your preferences for accepting cookies next to 'Block Cookies'.
- Select 'Parties and Advertisers' - 'Always' or 'Never'.
- If there are any website data/cookies being stored, click 'Details'.
- If you wish to remove the data, highlight the information and click 'Remove'.
- If you wish to remove the data from all the sites, simply click 'Remove All'.
- Now you are finished, click 'Done' to return to the preference window.
- Go to 'tools' in the menu link (hamburger icon)
- click on 'options'
- click on 'privacy & security'
- From Content Blocking select Strict.
Mobile operating systems
- From the homescreen, choose Settings. Select Safari. Select Block All Cookies from privacy
and security section.
- To clear your Cookies, within Settings,
- Scroll down to Clear History and Website Data, click
- and select Clear History and Data.
- Open the Chrome app.
- At the top right, click on the three vertical dots icon.
- Settings, click on Cookies
- Turn Cookies off.
- To clear your Cookies,
- Click on the three vertical dots icon
- Click on Privacy and then Clear browsing data
- Choose a time range, like Last Hour or All time
- Check Cookies, media licenses and site data.
- Clear Clear data.
Further details on how to disable cookies on browsers thats not covered in the above list, please go to aboutcookies.org.uk.